Wiring is usually the cables, which carry electricity in a building, and installed by an electrician. An older home might not have updated 110 amp wiring or circuit breakers. This type of building is usually more expensive to insure as there is a higher risk of fire.

Most fires are a result of an electrical problem. If your home is not up to the current standards then you might consider consulting with an electrician to see what the costs will be to upgrade. The cost of a high risk dwelling is much more then a home with up-to-date wiring.

Your agent or broker can help you find coverage for your older home if you do have less then the more current 110 amp wiring.