Non Occupational Liability

What type of coverage is this? This is not Workers' Compensation coverage. This is insurance for when the person is off the job and is triggered by accident or sickness.

What does this mean to me?
Most group accident and sickness policies are non-occupational. This is the type of insurance that would be triggered if the construction worker is injured while working in his own backyard over a weekend or while repairing some shingles on the roof of his own home.

Insurance answer
This type of coverage has to be purchased above and beyond the WCB that most contractors will purchase. If you are an employee who is covered by WCB then you need to examine your requirements for off-the-job injury. This non occupational liability is usually a 24/7 to fill that gap. Ask your agent or broker about what is available for you.