Love bite causes paralysis

No, this is not the start of a new "Twilight" series. A woman from Auckland, New Zealand has suffered a mild stroke as a result of a love bite.

It was reported January 21, 2011 that the 44 year-old woman was rushed to the emergency department after she experienced loss of movement in her left arm.

The doctors examined her and determined that the mild stroke is a result of a small bruise on her neck near a major artery. So the "hickey" or love bite that she had received a few days before caused the problem.

So a person with no previous medical history can find themselves in the hospital because, "love hurts".

vampire.jpg