Inland Marine

Inland marine insurance is for specific groups of personal property. This could include firearms, holiday trailers, boats, jewellery, furs, or fine arts.

It is an old insurance term that is used to describe property that is in transit on land. It is also used for towers, bridges, pipelines which are considered to be instruments of transportation.

It can also include office equipment and contractor's equipment. The more commonly now used insurance term is "floater".