Civil Liability

This is the individual’s liability to others for harm caused to them by that individual's actions.

If you have purchased a personal property policy such as a homeowner or tenant policy then you will also have worldwide liability coverage. This is for your unintentional, accidental injury to persons or property. This liability coverage is also for your children's actions. To increase this coverage from $1 million to $2 million is usually less then $25/year.

Public liability and property damage (PLPD) is the most basic coverage you must purchase for your automobile. Again increasing this coverage from $1 million to $2 million is very reasonable and something you should consider.

Talk to your agent or broker about what you currently have on your policy. Understand that if you do not have enough insurance coverage to pay a judgment against you then you will be responsible for the difference. This is when you will find yourself being sued in civil court.

Take control of your insurance whether it is your home, auto or business. You have the right to choose so ask the questions!