What are rules for car crash injury?

What to do if you are injured in an automobile accident:

1. See a Primary Health Care Practitioner (chiropractor, medical doctor, physical therapist) as soon as possible for an assessment of your injury and, if needed, treatment advice.

2. File an injury accident report with the police.

3. Complete a Notice of Loss and Proof of Claim Form and retain a copy for your records and send the original signed form(s) to the insurance company. If you are unable to send the form right away, submit it to your insurance company as soon as practicable and explain the reason for the delay.

You have the option to report your accident to your agent or broker. When you do this then the process to file the Notice of Loss and Proof of Claim Form is started for you. Though your adviser is not an insurance adjuster they can still be quite helpful in the claim process if you have problem with communication. It is a good idea to let your agent or broker know about the claim as the status of your vehicle may also be affected.

4. You will be contacted about the benefits you are entitled to receive after the insurance company reviews your completed form. If your insurance company needs any additional information in order to process your application, they will contact you.

If you have further questions about the Notice of Loss and Proof of Claim Form, the process, or your benefits, please contacts your claims adjuster. If you do not know who your claims adjuster is, contact your insurer. If you have difficulty contacting your insurer, try getting you agent or broker to lend a hand.