Alberta car crash police report at $2000

January 1, 2011 brings a change to the requirement you have when you have been in a auto collision.

The Canadian Council of Motor Transport Administrators (CCMTA) sets the limit for reporting thresholds. All provinces and territories will be amending their reporting limit up to $2,000. Alberta has set their change for damage at $2,000 or more as well as any collision that results in fatality or personal injury must be reported to the police. Quebec has also increased their limit to $2,000.

You can get more information on this by checking out the government website. When reporting a claim to your insurance agent or broker be aware that a police report is not required unless you have met the new threshold standard.